Broccoli and Goat Cheese Souffle
If you are looking for a healthy Easter recipe then you have found it right here with this souffle. YUM
This recipe follows all my parameters for becoming part of my recipe collection:
- relatively quick to make
- ingredients that I am at least somewhat familiar with (hope you are too)
Here is the healthy Easter recipe followed by my pictures of the process.
Broccoli and Goat Cheese Souffle
- 1 1/2 c finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/4 c low-fat milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat four 10 ounce ramekins or 2-2 1/2 quart souffle dish with cooking spray and place them on a cooking sheet.
2. Place broccoli in a med microwaveable bowl. Cover and cook until broccoli is tender. About 1-2 minutes.
3. Melt butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking for 1 min. Adjust heat as needed to prevent mixture from getting too dark. It should be color of caramel. Add milk, mustard, rosemary, salt and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 1-2 min. Remove from heat and immediately whisk in goat cheese and 3 egg yolks until well combined.
4. Beat the 5 egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high-speed until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half the whipped whites into the milk mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites and the broccoli just until no white streaks remain. Transfer to the prepared ramekins or souffle dish.
5. Bake until puffed, firm to touch about 20 minutes for ramekins and about 30 minutes for souffle dish.
6. Serve immediately!
My pics of the process of making this clean Easter brunch meal and then I will tell you how they tasted and any tricks that helped me to making this recipe flow smoothly 🙂
Last pic of the delish Easter meal that I have shown here in the ramekins!
Easy process to make this delish clean Easter recipe. We LOVED it.
For sure, if you whip this up some folks in your family might start thinking you are becoming a REAL cook lol whatever that means.
I know that SOUFFLE word can be a little scary (it was to me) and you might wonder what the heck it is but, BUT this is NOT a difficult recipe.
What I did to make it easy for myself is I had all my ingredients out like shown in the picture above. Then I got out all my measuring spoons and cups and whatnot so everything I needed was on hand.
Then I just followed directions. Piece of cake 🙂
I think the key to making this successfully is making sure to really BEAT THOSE EGG WHITES. I mean like 3-5 minutes till they look like my pics above. So don't be skimpy on the time with that and really slowly and carefully add the egg whites to the milk and cheese mixture.
Give this healthy Easter recipe a try and this Broccoli and Goat Cheese Souffle is sure to be a hit at your Easter brunch. Let me know if you make it and how it turns out for you. I LOVE FEEDBACK!
Subscribe for your FREE Food and Exercise DAILY JOURNAL